Updated: Nov 17, 2019
I can't take credit for this recipe because it was passed down from my great grandma to my grandma to my mom and now to me. I'm not sure where my great gram got the recipe but I sure am glad we have it because it is my absolute favorite cookie!
-2 cups of sifted flour
-1/2 TSP salt
-1 TSP baking powder
-1 TSP baking soda
-1 TSP cinnamon
-1/2 cup butter softened
-3/4 cup shortening
-1 cup sugar
-1 cup pumpkin
-1 TSP vanilla
1. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon into a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, cream together butter, shortening, and sugar.
3. Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla to the creamed ingredients and mix well.
4. Mix all ingredients together in one bowl.
5. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and scoop a full, heaping cereal spoon of the cookie mix on to the cookie sheet. Repeat keeping cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart.
6. Bake on 350 for 12 mins.
7. Sprinkle with a cinnamon sugar mixture while still cooling.